Friday, April 29, 2005

Dazed and Confused

Tonight I took a break from drinking to watch a cinema classic, Dazed and Confused. What a fine show. Can you tell me a better performance by Ben Affleck as O'bannion or Matthew McConaughey as Wooderson? This is probably the best movie on each of their resumes.

When I was a young man roaming the streets of Page Manor, back in Dayton, the one staple of life was that every Friday and Saturday night, the Page Manor movie theater would be showing this movie. I can't say that I ever actually went because my closed minded self did not appreciate the cinematic brilliance of this show. I have since expanded my horizons and fully accept this movie as one of my top ten favorites of all time.

Speaking of which:

10. Empire Records - Has one of the best soundtracks for a movie too.

9. Spiderman - Who doesn't love these movies? $800 million in ticket sales for the two combined. I watched this one tonight too.

8. Dazed and Confused - I told you it was in my top ten.

7. American Beauty - I went to see this movie while I was in St. Cloud with Melissa Hovey and Laura Southwick. I wanted to see Fight Club, but we ended up going to this one. Then I went to see it with my friend Leah Ahles. It got me thinking about life and stuff. Yeah.

6. Forrest Gump - Life is like a box of chocolates

5. Star Wars - Any movie of the original trilogy is great. I'm looking forward to the third one coming out soon.

4. Back to the Future - I love any movie about time travel (something I've always wanted to do). This one is the ultimate. I remember going to watch this one in the movie theater when I was little. And who in the 80s didn't love Michael J Fox? I believe this year is the 20th anniversary.

3. Vacation - This one is a classic, one that I must have watch a hundred times as I was growing up. Of course, the jokes are a lot funnier now that I'm all grown up. This one spawned a couple of good sequels and at least one terrible one so far.

2. Austin Powers: International Man of Mystery - I saw this movie three times in the theaters. I thought it was hilarious, but no one really paid attention to it until it came out on video. The sequels for this one just kept getting better too.

1. Swingers - The greatest movie ever. I cling to this movie, especially in times like this when my romantic life has taken a turn for the worse. Vince Vaughn's finest ever performance. I can see myself in both of the main characters. It just usually depends on the night and how much I've had to drink. This movie is in my DVD player as we speak and I will probably fall asleep tonight with it on.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?


42%