Wednesday, March 30, 2005

Happy Birthday Sara and Janel!

Yesterday was Sara and Janel's birthday. In honor of them, this is the "Remember that time... with Sara and Janel" blog.

Remember that time when Sara and Janel left Turkey on April Fool's Day? I refused to believe their obvious attempt to set up the ultimate April Fool's Day prank. They had been planning for months, setting it up by telling everyone that they were moving. They even went so far as to find someone to pack up all their belongings and empty their house. They didn't have me fooled. No way. Then, at the airport, when they were saying goodbye, they even forced themselves to cry fake tears just to make it more genuine. Then they got on a plane. The plane flew away. They never came back. Now that's commitment to see a prank all the way through like that.

Remember that time when Sara and Janel had that birthday party at Arkadas Park? It was part of that whole "We're leaving on April Fool's day (yeah right)" prank. Her parents threw a big party, everyone was there, folks like Dennis Hopper, Bob Seeger, and Sonny and Cher. We partied the night away. That was one of those nights when I thought, "Man, I wish this could last forever." Good times, good friends.

Remember that time when Janel got married? As part of that whole April Fool's Day thing, Sara and Janel moved to Alaska. Janel met a wonderful guy named Rory (I'm going to assume he's wonderful because I've never hung out with him much and Janel seems to like him). I went up to visit them the week before the wedding. It was good times. We hung out, we saw the sights, we danced, we bowled, we laughed, we cried.

Remember that time that Sara moved to Pocatello? That was almost five years ago now. She was the catalyst for my moving out here. She told me she was coming out here to go to school. I thought to myself, "Self, that's not a bad idea." So I packed up the Bonnie and drove 27 hours straight through and got here in time for the first day of school. Yup, once upon a time I was a spontaneous kind of guy like that.

Remember that time that Sara was living in Maryland and I went to go visit? Twice as a matter of fact. It's fun to hang out with friends. Since I didn't have any to hang out with that summer in Ohio, I decided I had to drive to Maryland to see my good friend Sara. Me and Sara was like peas and carrots again. I enjoyed the visit to our nation's capital.

Remember that time Sara and Janel were in Montana and we celebrated Cinco de Mayo together? We had a pinata. Rory is the one who finally broke it (see, he is a wonderful guy). We had a good time. I think that's the last time I saw Janel too. Janel where are you? I plan to hang out with Sara tomorrow though and buy her a birthday lunch. Fun, fun.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?


42%