Monday, September 06, 2004

sweet smell of...

So just a minute or so ago I found this jacket that a girl left in my room the other night. I picked it up and smelled it. Well ok, that kind of makes it sound like it was covered in shit. This is more what I mean: I inhaled the perfumed scented collar and as I did the intoxicating fragrance gripped me just as she did the night she left it there, the night the smell of her consumed me as I ran my fingers through her silky blonde hair and my lips explored the softness of her skin. Something to that effect. I should read more romance novels or something. Yeah, anyway, I think I had a point. Oh yes, does that not seem kind of pitiful? I am hopelessly infatuated with this girl. My phone hasn't left my side tonight because she said she might call me. I don't think she will. It's getting kind of late. I would call her, but I don't really want to seem as desperate as I really am. Well, I guess I'm not really desperate. This new relationship thing has just been an intense experience for me. This is the intensity that Heather and I lost. You know, it's that honeymoon phase of a new relationship where thoughts of the other person just totally consume you.

Speaking of Heather, that girl is crazy. In all my life I never thought I would ever have to use the term "psycho ex-girlfriend", but Heather is borderline insane. I was watching "The Wedding Singer" today and there's that scene the morning after Robbie got drunk because he saw Julia in her wedding dress. He wakes up to find Linda there and she thinks they should talk about getting back together. He says something to the effect of "Hey psycho, it's over!" I thought that was hilarious because this morning I woke up after a night of drinking to find Heather standing there talking about how she loves me and believes in me. Yeah, okay, where was that three months ago and all those times that you broke up with me? My friend Mandy says that when you break up with someone, that makes them want you. Well, apparently. Heather has suddenly seen the light. Unfortunately for her, I've moved on. If she had gotten there about an hour or two earlier, she would have met the reason I've moved on.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?


42%