Sunday, October 10, 2004

I love football

The best part about fall Sundays is the football. Just in case you didn't know. I mean, it is pretty obvious. My favorite football team is the Cincinnati Bengals. Yes, wonderful team that they are. I have stuck with them through every bad year. I'm not one of those fair weather fans. Last year the Bengals had a breakout season, almost making the playoffs. This year, not so good. But the season is young. We are 1-3 going into this bye week for us. By no means in the league of parity does that mean we are down and out.

My friend Greg (by the way Happy Birthday, Greg!) likes the Seattle Seahawks. Now the Seahawks have things looking up for them this year. Sure, they lost today, but they have been picked by a number of so-called experts to win it all this year. Greg is also true blue fan to his team. He's one of those fans that's always pessimistic about how his team is doing. They could be up 40-0 at half and he would say that the Hawks would find a way to screw it up. True, they did a good job of screwing up today's game, but you have to have a little faith. He won't get his hopes up I guess because that way he won't be overly disappointed when his team doesn't live up to expectations.

So anyway, the reason I thought about writing about football today: I was reading an article about the top ten lies that women tell men. Lie #6: I love sports. I was thinking about it, and yeah. I don't think I have ever dated a woman that truely liked sports. I've dated a few girls that could tolerate them, but not one that I could sit down and watch a game with and she would be into it just as much as me. Are there any girls out there like that? I suppose there are probably a few. But I'll believe when I see it.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?


42%