Friday, September 10, 2004

Patriot Day

So today at school, some of the classes celebrated Patriot Day. Call me un-American, but Patriot Day isn't really such a big deal to me. I put it up there with Pearl Harbor Day as a day in the past when a bunch of people died that I wouldn't remember except that someone is always there to remind me. Our morning ceremony consisted of the classes going out to the flag pole and saying the pledge of allegiance (under God) and then having a moment of silence. At the end of the day one of the fifth grade teachers showed her class a slide show of pictures from 9/11. Most of the fifth graders can hardly remember that day. I remember that day. I had class early in the morning. Some kids were talking about how there was an accident in New York. Later on I checked out the news on the internet and watched the tv in the student union. It was sad, sure, but it didn't have a great effect on me. Now every year for the past three years people have felt like they have to relive that day all over again. Whatever.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?


42%