Monday, September 13, 2004

I'm a winner, baby!

While I get dressed in the morning, I like to listen to the radio. My alarm is set to wake me up with the radio, so I just let it run. Every morning the guys on the radio do trivia where you can call in and win a prize. So every once in a while I give it a try. This morning though, they announced that they were taking caller number ten to win tickets to see Phil Vassar in Jackpot. I have been talking with some friends about going to Jackpot, so I say, "Hey, I might as well call in." So I scroll through my dialed numbers on my phone and look for one that looks like the radio station. I haven't called in about a month and they don't announce their phone number after they tell you to call. So I call and while it's ringing I keep hoping that I'm not waking up some random person that someone else might have tried to call while using my phone. But the lady on the other end picks up and says, "KZBQ, you're caller three." So I hang up and call again. I get a busy signal. I call again. I'm caller eight. I hurry and dial again. Caller ten, baby. Yeah. So now I'm going to Jackpot on Friday. I asked my favorite bartender, Essie, to come along with me since she has the weekend off. She's a crazy party girl so this should be a good weekend coming up.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?


42%