Friday, July 04, 2014

Happy 4th!

Looking back at some of my past posts here, I noticed that I was drunk a lot on the 4th of July. I'm sure it was thoroughly entertaining at the time. But, come on. Ridiculous. Fat, drunk, and stupid is no way to go through life, son.

Joey Chestnut won another hot dog eating contest. I don't know why I'm so fascinated by this. I try to keep up on it every year. I don't even like hot dogs.

I noticed some smiley face fireworks in the local show tonight. Fantastic. How do they do it?

I can tell I live in a thoroughly conservative area by the commentary on the radio during the fireworks show. Blah, blah, blah, freedom, fighting for this country, soldiers. "Okay guys, one more thing, this summer when you're being inundated with all this American bicentennial Fourth Of July brouhaha, don't forget what you're celebrating, and that's the fact that a bunch of slave-owning, aristocratic, white males didn't want to pay their taxes." - Dazed and Confused

Did they even play Coming to America this year? Either I missed it or they didn't. Come on. Neil Diamond, man. I can go without Independence Day by Martina McBride, but Coming to America? No.

Love you all.



Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?


42%