Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Anybody Watching the World Cup?

No?

I'm not. I remember thinking to myself earlier this year that I should try to get into it. It is the biggest sports event in the world, right? I don't get it though. Soccer, the little bit that I've watched of it, is extremely boring. There are guys running around the field chasing a ball, which yes, can describe most sports, but nothing happens in soccer.

Here are my (misguided?) thoughts on soccer:

Beckham is hot. I'm not too manly to say that is a good looking man.

I don't know what Bend It Like Beckham means.

I'm pretty sure Beckham doesn't play anymore, so I can name two actual soccer players Christiano Ronaldo and Neymar. That's it. And I don't know Neymar's full name. I also know Pele and some guy who's name I can't spell (there are definitely some Z's involved).

Soccer players flop worse than LeBron. That's a thing, right? Everytime you see a joke about soccer on like The Simpsons or Family Guy it has something to do with flopping.

Soccer hooligans. People die watching soccer, don't they?

Why is football called football and soccer not called football here in America?  The one guy who actually puts his foot on the ball in football is often an after thought. Unless the kick goes wide right.


The USA won today. No, didn't watch it. Read about it on Yahoo. I'm pretty sure they weren't supposed to win any games. USA! USA! USA!



Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?


42%