Monday, June 09, 2014

Back to Back to the Future

I'm sure I've mentioned this before, but Back to the Future is one of my all time favorite movies. It's the first movie I remember seeing at a theater. I must have been 5 or 6 years old. I went with my mom. I'm pretty sure I wanted to see it because of the car. My mom wanted to watch National Lampoon's Vacation instead. She told me that I should go watch my movie and she would go watch hers. I couldn't even tie my shoes at the time!

She eventually went with me to my movie, but come on! Is that not weird. I know it was a different day and time, but were there not kidnappers and child molesters back in the day? Or has the internet and Nancy Grace led me to believe that there are more kidnappers and child molesters than there really are out there?

And this is not an isolated incident. I remember waking up from a nap once and my parents weren't home. I cried. They went for a walk. And in first grade I can remember walking home from school several times and coming home to an empty house. In second grade, I was running around the streets at night... in the Philippines.

How did I survive childhood? Some how I did. And I see those Facebook posts talking about back in the day people did this and that and they still turned out fine. And despite that, I would never raise my child in the same way.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?


42%