Wednesday, June 30, 2004

Karaoke

Tonight I hit the Cotton Club for a little karaoke singing. They have a new system there with a bunch of new songs. It's a good time. I would say that there are at least four different types of karaoke singers that I can identify.

First, there's the American Idol types. These are half decent singers, or at least they think they are. They take their singing seriously. Some do Whitney Houston or Celine Dion type gestures (you know, moving the head around or flailing their arms).

Next, there's the drunkards. They only sing after a good amount of liquid courage. Some get really crazy adding dance moves or too much enthusiasm. You're always going to have these. It's a bar. I'd say I usually fall into this category. By the end of the night on a weekend, most everyone who comes up is in this category.

Then, there's those singers who come with their friends (usually an American Idol type). They only sing with other people, won't go solo. Some of these sing in very quiet voices. They make nervous gestures and may excuses for their singing like "I can't believe you guys put this in for me."

Finally, there's the really bad singers. I believe that this is who karaoke is made for. I mean, if you want to hear some good singers, just turn on the radio. Some don't realize that they are bad. Sometimes it's sad. Sometimes it's hilarious.

No matter which category you fall into, karaoke is a good time. Everyone should come and hang out with me at the Cotton Club sometime. I'll be there this Saturday. My friend Mandy is celebrating her birthday.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?


42%