Wednesday, June 22, 2005

Ever Changing Life

I read a blog post today that got me thinking. To sum it up, the author, Scott, is saying...

Hold on, my favorite song, Mr. Jones, has just come on the radio.

Ok...anyway, basically Scott is saying that there is this one great, meaningful event that changes your life. He says, "It’s inevitable that at some point in this journey we all call life there will be a life-changing event. It may be your marriage, or the birth of your first child. Perhaps it will be overcoming some great trial, like a serious illness or life-threatening addiction." I tend to disagree with the idea that there is only one life-changing event. I agree with Holly who said, "Everything in life makes you who you are. Every person you meet. Every sunrise and sunset you witness. Every laugh, every tear. These all become a part of you and make you who you are each and every day." That one big event that Scott is talking about is just the one noticeable thing among all the little things that I believe shape your life even more.

Scott says that his life changing event was a break up. I can remember losing that one special girl. But that loss isn't the only thing that has defined who I am. It's the whole picture of the relationship that has added to the definition of who I am. The break up is most memorable because of the emotions involved and it was the most drastic change that took place, going from together to alone. The hole in my heart is obvious, but I can see the small changes in my daily routine that also came out of that relationship. The sheets on my bed, the toothbrush I use, the way I eat, the way I treat people. These are all some of the not so obvious things that I can trace back to her.

There are a million things everyday that can change you. It rained here today. I love the smell of rain. I don't know why. Maybe something good happened to me in the rain when I was younger. Maybe someone told me that they liked the smell of rain once, that person made me happy, now when I smell rain, I become happy. There is some kind of connection though with the smell of rain and me feeling positive.

Everything in life is shaping who you are and what you do.

Comments:
Wow, I am special.
 
...And is your FAVORITE song really Mr. Jones??
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?


42%