Friday, May 05, 2006

How to Fix Stuff

Now, those of you that know me, know that I'm not the most mechanically inclined individual. I can pound a hammer into a wall (sometimes even straight) or screw a screw (righty tight, lefty loosey), but beyond that, if you want me to fix something for you, it may or may not become an interesting ordeal.

Every so often, I have car trouble. Here's my solution for that. Open up the hood. Stare intently. Spit. Tap stuff. What am I doing? No clue. I can pull out the dipstick and tell you if there is enough oil in the car. Yes, yes, and my father is a car guy. For shame.

Today my microwave broke. I hit a button and it just cut out. No power. I plug it into the other outlet. No luck there. Well, great, my fairly new microwave is dead. I pull out the warranty information and smack myself for not saving the receipt. Final solution? I smacked it. And you know what? It worked.

Every so often at work I must show off my technical prowess. Monitor goes out? Smack it. Computer making funny noise? Smack it. Today, we had a computer that wouldn't stay on. Push in the power button and it would turn on, but once you took your finger away, it would go off again. Solution? I hit it a few times, the jammed a piece of paper in the button to keep it from popping back out. Computer stayed on all day.

And then there's duct tape. Something falling off? Duct tape it. Something leaking? Duct tape it. Some running their mouth. Duct tape it. Many problems can be solved with this ingenious product.

Yup. So, something broken at your house? I can stare at. Hit it. Or duct tape it. Give me a call.

Comments:
we used to have a tv that the picture would turn green until you hit it at just the right spot on the top. Its the fonz way.
 
You didn't think to check the breaker box when it went out? Brian, come on now...
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?


42%