Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Love versus Success

Yesterday's question of the day was, What's more important, love or success? More specifically, what's more important, your love life or your job/school? This was the discussion among me and some friends yesterday. I chose my job. Love is important, but it doesn't pay the bills. I'm in a situation right now where I have a lot of bills that need to be paid, so I need my job. Someone else spit out that wonderful Beatles lyric, "All you need is love." Yeah, I think I said that once to my ex-fiancee. Obviously she didn't think so and has apparently scarred me for life...at least left me discouraged in my views on love. Love is great and all, but can you love someone when you have financial burdens looming overhead? It would be great to drop all your responsibilities and just be in love, sure, but that won't get you anywhere in the real world and that would put a damper on that love when you're living in the gutter. Ideally, you should have a balance of the two. But my life has always been wholly unbalanced. I'm just trying to level myself out right now. So, yeah, here I am, working too much. But if I focus hard enough, I won't even notice all that good stuff that is passing me by. That balance will come eventually.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?


42%