Thursday, January 26, 2006

Life out there

Scientists have been searching the stars for earth-like planets out in the universe. Recently they have found a planet similar to earth, but it is 5.5 times bigger. Now I know I probably don't really appreciate the size of our planet in the grand scheme of things, but 5.5 times bigger? Do we really want to find life on this planet? I mean the mosquitos on a planet like this must literally be killer. At least to us. Do we really want to encounter something like that? If there is life out there, I would rather the meeting come long after my death. I've see Independence Day. I suppose as long as we have Will Smith and Jeff Goldblum, things will be okay. But George Bush is no Bill Pullman.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?


42%