Thursday, December 22, 2005

Turning down the American Dream

I just sent an email to my boss and his boss saying that I was going to turn down the promotion offered to me. Why? I don't know. I'm crazy I guess. I've been harping for weeks about how I was going to be living the American dream: A 9 to 5 Monday thru Friday. But I thought about it, and I don't want to be back in that dungeon called programming. I need to be out on the floor, with my people. And yes, Mandy, I'm sorry, but that means I'm going to miss more Sunday night poker games. Hopefully not too many though. I'm still trying to work some angles on that.

Speaking of poker nights, I saw Andy at the mall the other day and he showed me a picture of Gregg's new liquor dispenser. Sounds like fun. Unnecessarily drunken fun.

But as for work in 2006: more of the same. And I'm thrilled.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?


42%