Wednesday, July 27, 2005

Spiders!

Since I've been home tonight, I have found 5 spiders out and about. Three of them are no longer with us. The other two were lightning fast and able to escape. One of the ones I killed was a gargantuan behemoth that may or may not have been able to swallow someone's first born son whole. This one I met on the stairs. He was coming downstairs, probably on his way to play some pool or something, I don't know. I was going up the stairs, so we met face to face. He tried to give me the stare down, but I took quick action, pulling off my sandal and swatting like crazy. The first swat missed. He started to retreat. The second swat turned out to be his doom. I threw in a third swat and thorough rubbing into to the carpet just for good measure. All that's left is a leg here and an unidentifiable body part there. Tragic for him.

Tomorrow's task for the day is to pick up some spider traps at the store. If anyone has some advice on how to control these pests, it would be great appreciated.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?


42%