Saturday, March 11, 2006

Baring the Soul

What is it about the internet that makes people share things that they wouldn't normally share?

Is it the anonymity? Is it chance to bare your soul without anybody knowing that it is you? Perhaps. Once upon a time none of my friends knew about this little blog here. I said a little bit about this and that, blah, blah, blah, but I don't think I ever made any sense. And I didn't really share all that much. Most of my posts were about me drinking too much at the bar or something stupid. Some things don't change, I guess...

So what is it then? What makes this girl that I talk to almost every other day or so say things in emails or chat that she doesn't talk to me about in person? Why does she ask and answer questions that you normally wouldn't expect from her? But I'm the same way. When was the last time I had a deep, meaningful conversation with somebody? I can't recall. Most of the time when I talk to people it's a drunken rant of some sort. No point, really.

But here on the internet. I'm an open book. Do you want to know something? Is there something you have been dying to ask me, but didn't know how? Here's your chance. Do it now before I change my mind. You know who you are.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?


42%