Wednesday, August 23, 2006

The Brian Chronicles

Today is Wednesday and instead of eating Frosted Mini-Wheats today for breakfast as I have been all week, I switched it up a little with the old school favorite, Cocoa Puffs, thus confirming the rumors, yes, I am cuckoo for Cocoa Puffs.

And yes, that right their, folks, is just a minute example of how exciting my life is these days. Read on at your own peril.

I've taken on a new role at work. It's more of a training role. The company is moving me to Oregon here in a couple of months, so to make sure that there is a smooth transition, someone else is taking over my role as manager. I get to sleep in and stroll into the office sometime during the late afternoon hours. I keep telling people that I've been demoted and that I'm planning to start up a new company and currently I'm plotting to steal some of the supervisors from this one to work with me. Whoever starts to believe all this will be quite shocked when we leave.

Every morning, when I'm eating either my Mini Wheats or Cocoa Puffs, I watch The 9. Maria Sansome is the new love of my life. Each morning she brings me 9 awesome websites including, the last of which generally features some sort of animal website. I think Maria has inspired me to get a new pet. After that whole cat fiasco, I'm looking for something new, perhaps a dog. I went around to some pet stores the other day and all the cool dogs are outrageously expensive. What's up with that? It's just a dog. We're going to go to the animal shelter here sometime in the next few days. We'll see what we can get there.

I changed my myspace page into a K-Fed homage. And no, I have not shaved my head recently. That's an old picture. I just didn't have any pictures of me throwing up gang signs. I need to get some sort of Photoshop or something so I can have some Marigold-like pictures up there.

I went out for a drink on Saturday night. I was playing the role of Pukey McPukerson by 10pm. It was puke and rally night, though. I kept going after that. However, I'm pretty sure I was passed out by midnight. I don't get out as much as I used to. What can I say, the loss of my favorite karaoke bar has disillusioned me from the bar scene. I don't remember the last time I was still out at last call. Oh wait, except at the karaoke-free Cotton Club, which now closes at 11pm on weeknights. And you can't smoke there any more either. Not that I smoke, but if I ever wanted to start, I couldn't start up at the Cotton Club. Yes, I'm bitter.

And that's that for now.

Comments:
Yes, I am BACK. I figured 8 months was long enough to plot my big comeback and become a superstar again.

Wait... was I ever a superstar?

Oh well... I'm back.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?


42%