Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Road Trip

So I went to a concert last night with a few friends:

Amy aka "The Blonde"







Sara aka "The Flower Child"







Donna aka "Boobs"







Miles aka "The Homo"







We went and saw Fall Out Boy, The All American Rejects, and Hawthorne Heights. Pretty good show, though it made me feel old as most of the fans in attendance were barely old enough to drive, if that. We were sitting behind a row of teeny bopper girls that would scream and yell in high pitched tones. At the end of the row, one of the girls' mom sitting there wincing at any mention by the bands of fornication or any use of un-family-friendly language. It was fairly humorous. Anyway, big difference from, say, the Depeche Mode concert I went to. On a side note, we were doing a music survey at work and some of the kids would pronounce it De-Peachy...wholly unaware of who Depeche Mode even is. Kind of hilarious and sad at the same time.

Highlights of the Trip:

-Donna showing her boobs to some guys we passed on the highway. We passed them maybe 3 or 4 times. I think on one of the passes there was "the log" involved.
-The alarm clock in our room being two hours off and me waking up thinking daylight savings time is way out of wack. I thought it was 8 something, but it was 6 something in the morning and as I was walking downstairs I was thinking, damn the sun does not come out very early.
-Amy marveling about how this Olive Garden type restaurant we went to was 5 star. In fact, any comment that Amy made was memorably hilarious. She is the most vacuous blonde I have ever met. Every stereotype can be applied to her.
-Some guy trying to sell me pot because I was standing in front of a head shop.
-Some guy going off because I didn't say hi to him. I'm sorry, but I don't say hi to other guys that I pass on the street. This guy says what's up as we pass him, but when I don't respond he just starts going off. "Fine, don't say hi...blah, blah, blah" Insert expletives here. Crazy.
-Sara going onto gay.com at the hotel room pretending to be Miles and asking men if they would bench press her.
-The maid standing in the hallway tapping her foot with a not-so-happy expression on her face because we were still in the hotel room one hour after check out time.

Anyway good times. But I'm tired. Time for bed.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?


42%