Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Sleeping is Overrated

I've pretty much given up on sleeping. I find that with the hours that I've been putting in at work and the reluctance to give up on some of the recreational aspects of my life, I really don't get the proper amount of sleep. It's possible I have an unrecognized sleep disorder. That would be tragic.

I think I've given up on eating food made at home. Even Ramen or Macaroni and Cheese. I can't remember the last time I made anything. Oh wait, no, I made some microwave popcorn last night when I was watching Derailed. He died at the end, by the way. Anyway, this movie was better than I thought it would be.

In a movie kind of mood last night (what can I say at Hollywood Video you can two movies, candy, two popcorns, and a pop for $9.99), I also watched Get Rich or Die Tryin'. This was a poignant love story featuring the struggle of a young man who doesn't want to be just a gangsta nor just a rapper, but rather a gangsta rapper. It brought a tear to my eye as I saw the similarities between the main character's life and my own. Oh and he dies at the end.

Tickets went on sale this last Saturday for Dave Matthews at the Gorge on Labor Day weekend. Want a ticket in the amphitheatre? Sorry all sold out during the exclusive presale. You have to buy a ticket on the lawn and bring your binoculars. But if anybody has a few hundred dollars (originally $62 from Ticketmaster) to spend, you can some good tickets on Ebay. My birthday is in August and I wouldn't mind sitting in Section B.

Well, time to try some of that sleep that everybody raves about.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?


42%